Do you know how to clean bathroom tub and when to clean your bathroom ? If you are looking for this, today’s post is for you.
If your bathtub is as clean as it should be, but it isn’t there, it won’t be your fault. However, we consider bathroom tub to be a place where it doesn’t get clean in the midst of everyday work.
Here’s a little dingy that we realize how badly they need to wash. If you find that your tub is not as shiny or bright, you should clean it at that time.
Before starting work and dealing with garbage or dirt, you will need some supplies:
- Household cleaning gloves
- Mask or respirator face
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Safety glass
- Lemon juice
- Dishwashing soap
- Brush brush
- Microfiber cloth
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Sprinkle bottles
Safety goggles and rubber gloves should be worn before starting cleaning. If you use bleach to clean, run a mask or a bathroom fan to prevent shortness of breath.
how to clean bathroom tub(Deep Cleaning)
The first thing you need to consider is how your tub is made. Then with a little vinegar, bleach, or toilet bowl cleaner, baking soda, you can collect dirt with soap scams in it.
How to clean an acrylic tub?
You can use a Hersh cleaner to clean the acrylic tub, but it can dull the finish on the acrylic tubs. However, there is nothing to worry about because there is a solution. You can do that with a mixture of soap, baking soda, and lemon juice. Moreover, this baking soda soap is enough to break the scam.
- Add 1: 1 mixture of dish soap or baking soda mixture and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Continue to mix it to make it foam.
- Take a sponge, then scrub the top of the tub with that solution and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Take a wet sponge to allow dirty water to enter the tub and clean the tub from top to bottom to allow it.
- It is a good idea to wash the whole tub with water and dry it once.
How to clean a porcelain or fiberglass tub with vinegar
When you hear the name of vinegar, it comes to your mind to clean it. Good! You heard right; it is a great family cleaner and disinfectant. It does a great job on dirty fiberglass tubs and porcelain. But they can be a bit harsh for acrylic tubs.
- Mix well with water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Follow the vinegar to water ratio of 1: 1 for porcelain tubs and 2: 1 for fiberglass. If you want to keep the smell just right, it would be a good idea to add a teaspoon of lemon juice (it encourages cleansing).
- Then spray the whole bathroom tub with the solution made now. Then let it sit in the bathtub for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lightly scrub the surface of the tub using a sponge or a damp cloth. And think start it from the top. Then now, let the loose grit and soap scum run into the tub and drain as much as you want to clean.
In some cases, it may not clean well if the stains are too heavy. Fortunately, there is a solution: Cover the bathtub using vinegar and hot water. Then allow yourself to sit for half an hour to an hour. When the time is up, it will be time to delete. Repeat as needed to delete.
How to clean bathtub with bleach
After cleaning the tub you cleaned, you noticed that it did not clean as you expected. This means that even if there is a little bit of dirt removed, you feel the need to clean more, but this effort may have to take a toll with bleach. Remember that when you go to work with bleach, you should wear a face mask, goggles, and gloves.
Also, you have discussed with some acrylic tub makers that they have warned against using bleach in their tubs many times because this warranty can be canceled. However, bleach is completely safe for fiberglass or white porcelain.
- Bleach: Take a cup in about one gallon of water.
- Take a sponge, then cover the surface of the tub with the prepared solution (bleach and water solution) and wait 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes then scrub the surface with a sponge. Note: Try to pay more attention to hard spots.
- At the very end, wash the tub with cold water. In this case, also be careful not to splash bleach.
How to clean mold and mildew in the bathtub
Removing germs and mold can be tough, but there is a helpful technique here. You can use gel toilet bowl cleaner with bleach. Usually, these products are made by breaking the gels that are stuck in the mold.
- Skirt the toilet bowl cleaner along with the shower and sterile area.
- Why scratch the corners with a gel to clean the mold in the corners of a tub and then fill it with a paper towel to make a dam.
- Take a moment to let the gel sit on the surface. And by doing so, the bleach will not allow mold and germs to enter. This can usually take up to an hour. But on the other hand, if it will require overnight treatment in the case of highly polished surfaces.
- Once the gel has removed the mold and germs, then wash the tub from top to bottom with a scrub brush.
- Rinse in cold water with care not to splash bleach.
These cleaning tips will help you renew the smooth, shiny finish of your bathroom tub (come on). We’ve discussed some tips below to keep your tabs clean for a long time. Let’s take a look,
TIPS For Bathroom Tub?
- You will also clean the shower wall tiles but save the tub for finishing.
- Also, it is not painful to clean a tub, so keep an eye on it. For general cleaning, make a pad by folding a towel lengthwise.
- Drain slowly? Sprinkle four tablespoons of baking soda and two cups of vinegar in the drain. Once the bubbles have stopped, flush the drain with boiling water and return to normal.
- Stubborn stains? Make a paste by mixing baking soda with plain water. Then apply those pastes on the spots and give them time to sit for a while. When they are dry, remove the paste.
Note: You can clean and keep your bathroom tub clean with a mesh drain catcher.
FAQ “: how to clean bathroom tub?
What do I do if my bathtub drain is stuck?
When once, make bubbles with vinegar and water. When the bubbles stop, flush the drain with hot water.
Why do I need to clean my tub?
A dirty tub makes it harder to clean if not cleaned for a long time (clean).
Which product should I use?
Hand towel sponge baking soda tub-o-tile or clean bucket dish soap scrub brush cloth cleaner (alchie) spray bottle and bleach (only for mold and germs)
How often do you clean the tub?
Suppose you are using the bathtub regularly. In that case, it can get dirty in a short time, so you have to clean it once a week. If possible, do a deep cleaning once a month.
Are any cleaning products available?
Grout brush cleaning cloth or small clean brush or vibration old toothbrush.
Hopefully, this blog post has been useful in figuring out how to clean bathroom tub. Happy Cleaning!
You might also like…
Here are some related blogs posts you might also identify with.
How To Clean Floor Tiles With Vinegar (Update 2021)
How To Clean Bathroom Exhaust Fan (Simple Ways)